Rance & Brandy by the Western Wall

Rance & Brandy by the Western Wall
"Blessed is the man whose strength is in You, whose heart is set on pilgrimage" Psalm 84:5

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Death Makes Heaven Real

Daily routine. Wake up. Devotions. Care for family. Go to work... and then comes an unexpected phone call that someone you love has died. Then, all of a sudden, the world seems to stop and the reality of heaven or hell is in your face. Although this is a reality most of us live with on a daily basis, one that many have dedicated their lives to, in sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ and God's plan for salvation for mankind, it seems like someone throwing cold water in your face when one passes from this life to enter their eternal dwelling place. Last week, my great aunt passed away, my Grandma Alice's sister. Natalia Jean Poletti was a beloved wife, mother, grandmother, sister, aunt and great aunt. My heart rejoices knowing that she is now in the presence of the Lord, as the Bible teaches "To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord." (For the believer). The opposite is unthinkable. The pain is for us left behind, in which we desperately need the Lord's comfort. There is a verse in the book of Psalms that says "Precious in the eyes of the Lord are the death of His saints" is a reminder that God looks at the death of His children in a very different way than we do, for us left behind until our arrival.

Reality for me now is, THAT SHE HAS FINISHED HER RACE - AND SHE HAS SEEN THE FACE OF JESUS CHRIST.... YESHUA HAMASHIAC, she actually knows what He looks like! Can you imagine???

I have had to pause this past week and ask myself some serious, self examining questions. DO I LIVE IN THE REALITY THAT THIS LIFE IS TEMPORAL??? That in any minute, I could also pass into the arms of the Lord and be standing before Him, face to face? How different my life would be that if I lived with the CONSTANT revelation that in any second, I could be standing before my King. What in my life would I be ashamed of? Does my heart condemn me? Is there anything I am holding onto that He has asked me to let go of, and I have held onto? Have I "been about my Father's business", or my own? Am I walking with a repentant heart? Do I live my life with the reality that the choices I make are eternal? Death makes heaven real.

I believe God uses all things for good for those that love Him and are called according to His purposes, and in saying that, death does bring forth new life. The Bible says that He has place eternity in our hearts. At the passing from this life on earth into the Lord's presence for my great aunt, it has called me into the truthful reality that not only is heaven real, so is hell, and it's only a breath away. So how am I living my life to walk out His purposes for me? "For we must all appear before the judgement seat of Christ, so that each one may be recompensed for his deeds in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad." 1st Corinthians 5:10

Praise the Lord for His sacrifice for me, because He died, I may live. "That if you confess with your mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved, for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. For the Scripture says "Whoever believes in Him will not be disappointed." Romans 10:9-11

Death makes heaven real.


No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map